For a total of 8 years I was the Director of Web Communications for New York University’s Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development. During my time at NYU Steinhardt I spearheaded a slew of different projects, too numerous to list here. However, some of my more significant accomplishments included:
- Established visual guidelines and standards for all of Steinhardt’s departments, centers, programs. The team I was leading also redesigned and developed ever websites to ensure consistency and a frictionless user-experience.
- Oversaw the deployment of all email-based marketing to students. This included html email testing, personalization strategy, and automated messages based on user-behavior.
- I was the lead strategist on the school’s social media communications. I was the primary administrator on the school’s Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo, and other channels. I have worked with APIs, overseen teams of social media ambassadors, and created original content for social media channels.
- Made several presentations on web-based communications to departments, offices, and administrative units at New York University. Served as an ambassador for the web to all offices.
- I oversaw the development of the web-based system used to track teacher-certification students through their placements in NYC Department of Education schools. This system is now in use by all teacher-certification programs at NYU.
- Deployed a robust online course evaluation solution, now in use by all departments and serving up both personalized and public reports.
In 2012, I was recognized with the prestigious Distinguished Administrator Award for my contribution to the University.